Wooden | Curved Staircase Builders - Timber Staircase Specialists
- Category: Timber Staircase Specialists
- Hits: 6536
Can't find what you're looking for?
We pride ourselves on providing a complete range of pre-cut staircases, straight, winders, spiral, curved, and mono stringer. We also manufacture from details, photos or pictures provided (has to comply with Aust. Building Code). We use a knotty pine for carpet or cover grade staircases, clear pine, Philippine mahogany (light pink – darker red) and Kwila or Merbau a teak coloured hardwood.
We are not restricted to these 3 species, and are only restricted to availability and suitability.
We have used these Australian species Vic ash (Tassie oak) , Sydney bluegum , spotted gum , blackbutt, iron bark, tallowwood, silverash, nth qld maple, box, cypress and jarrah.
To obtain a written quote we require
- A set of plans or on site sketch (with dimensions)
- Timber type, staircase, rail and baluster design.
- Delivery address
- Contact details if we need more information
READY TO ORDER?
We do not require a deposit, however payment is required in full before the staircase is freighted or picked up by your builder, carpenter or handyman. We have Efpos facility so payment can be made on the day. Our bank details are on the bottom of you invoice if you prefer direct deposit.
We prefer all measurements in writing and a sketch of the onsite details is preferred, the drawing does not have to be to scale, but should include these minimum details.
- Height floor to top of floor
- Ceiling height
- Floor covering (thickness) that will be fitted after staircase installation both ground and top floor
- Stairwell length and width
- Any beams, hallways doorways or windows in the stairwell area
- Which way is up
Manufacture for straight staircases with or without winders and landings are
- Usually made within 2 weeks + freight
- Mono stringer and spiral 3-4 weeks + freight
- Curved geometrical 4-5 weeks + freight (furniture truck best for these)
- Complex staircases are per-assembled in the factory, whoever is reassembling the staircase on site can help us pull it down for freighting so they have an excellent idea on reassembly on site.
Generally the transport company will contact you the day before to advise on an AM or PM delivery. Modular staircases take between 2 & 4 weeks for delivery depending on the model and number of accessories ordered.
Our custom made staircases vary in how they are delivered depending on the size and weight of the model. The timber staircases are supplied on a pallet as are the majority of the bespoke steel models, but some larger stairs have to be delivered by a truck equipped with a hoist crane. All our custom made staircases take between 6-10 weeks to manufacture.
For further help and information please have a look at our terms and conditions or call the office.